Move Daily

***Please visit my new website for the most recent blog posts for your health and wellness!***

Tuesday 29 July 2014

Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Let me begin by saying that this is a fabulous recipe! The dressing that you pour over the lettuce wraps is so good I could DRINK the stuff! I'm not even kidding. I adapted the sauce from Whitewater Cooks...keeping it a bit cleaner by leaving out a few ingredients but it was still divine. This is a great week night meal, and makes convenient leftovers for lunch the next day.

Chicken Filling Recipe:
1 tsp coconut oil
2 pound ground chicken (could use ground turkey) 
2 crushed garlic cloves
2 tbsp fresh grated ginger
1/2 bag broccoli slaw
1 pepper sliced thinly
1 bag of bean sprouts
2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup chicken stock


In a pan, melt 1 tsp coconut oil and brown chicken  with the garlic and ginger. Once it is cooked, add the remaining ingredients, cook 3-4 minutes and remove from heat.


Now for the piece de resistance! The dressing!


Dressing
In a blender or bullet combine the following:

1/2 cup all-natural peanut butter
1 lime juiced
2 tsp sesame oil
3 tbsp sweet chili sauce
4 tbsp rice vinegar
4 tbsp soy sauce
 2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp fresh grated ginger
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Sriracha (optional)

Now, who really buys iceburg lettuce anymore when there are so many other varietals (grapes only??)? I for one, do not. However, I did make an exception this time, for the sake of the pictures and you know what...it was quite nice.  The leaves are large enough that the filling doesn't spill out. I did try some filling in a romaine leaf the next day, and it was still delicious...just messier. 


Toppings can be whatever you like, but here I had green onions, peanuts and more fresh cilantro.
 And then, just fill that lettuce leaf up with the chicken mixture, sprinkle on cilantro, green onions and peanuts, and drizzle a good amount of the peanut sauce and BAM...you have  a clean and healthy dinner :)

Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tracy! I used to take your spin class at World Gym and I trained with Fitness on the Go awhile back. Thank you for this recipe. Made it tonight for supper and it was AWESOME. You were right about the peanut sauce - could drink the stuff! So yummy! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Melissa! Yes I know you:) Glad you enjoyed them!

      Delete

Followers