Move Daily

***Please visit my new website for the most recent blog posts for your health and wellness!***

Sunday 24 August 2014

Healthy Protein Eatmore Bars

I have an Eatmore Bar memory. Indulge me:

When I was 10 years old, my mother took us girls to stay at her friends house in Vancouver for the weekend. Before heading to Stanley Park to walk the trails, we had stopped at a near by convenience store and been allowed to choose a bagful of candy! During our playtime at the park, I greedily shoved all that sugar down my gullet, except for my prized Eatmore Bar. I was saving that one for the finale! Once we got back into our car, my mom had said no more sugar, and that anything we had left was going to have to wait until tomorrow. Gutted! 
The next day came and we were set to leave. I don't recall how exactly I had forgotten that precious candy bar, tucked safely beside the bed I had been sleeping in, but somehow I did! I begged my mom to turn around for that lone bar...the bar that I had saved especially for that grueling ride home. Alas, she never did turn back, and thoughts of the forgotten bar still haunt me.....

Right! Well, until now anyway. Check out the following recipe and re-create a little taste of your childhood, only healthier :)


 Recipe:
(adapted from damyhealth)

1 cup dates (soak to soften)
3 tbsp nut butter
1/4 cup hemp hearts
2 cups salted peanuts (unsalted for lower sodium option)
3 scoops vanilla protein powder
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp vanilla

In a food processor chop peanuts and set aside. Add nut butter, vanilla, cocoa powder and dates, process until smooth. Add wet mixture to chopped peanuts. Stir in protein powder and hemp hearts, adding water if mixture appears too dry. Mix with hands to form a large ball. Press ball between two pieces of plastic wrap and shape into a rectangle.  Slice into 16 bars, wrap in plastic wrap and store in the freezer









Once you sink your teeth into these little gems, you will realize that they are just like Eatmore Bars, only healthier with no added sugar and added protein!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers