Move Daily

***Please visit my new website for the most recent blog posts for your health and wellness!***

Tuesday 2 December 2014

Clean Eating Caramel Corn!

The holiday season is one of those times when my family goes NUTS with the baking!  My mother's holiday cookies are extravagant, magazine worthy, and most of all delicious! I find myself frequently reaching for a treat, not because I'm hungry but simply because they are visible and convenient! I LOVE my mother's butter tarts and cannot wait until she makes them, but I also wanted to find a recipe that was a healthier option to add to those get togethers, or just for a cozy Friday night around the fire! If you find that you are a "picker", this is the perfect healthy treat for you!

Clean Eating Caramel Corn

Recipe:

8-10 cups air popped popcorn
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup all natural peanut butter
dash of salt


4 ingredients, 4 minutes and you have a delicious caramel corn that is fit to sit on any holiday dessert table! In a saucepan bring honey to boil over medium heat. Boil until the honey starts to bubble and climbs 1 inch up the side of the pan (not long). Remove from heat and add the peanut butter. In a large bowl, pour peanut butter mixture over popcorn and stir with a spoon until evenly distributed. I like to sprinkle on a little sea salt at this point. Don't use hands as mixture can burn!


Spread the popcorn on a cookie sheet to cool. Don't forget to sample as you go ;)


Store in an air tight container, or in a festive tin like this one!


Merry Christmas!


Don't forget to subscribe for more clean eating recipes!

1 comment:

Followers