Move Daily

***Please visit my new website for the most recent blog posts for your health and wellness!***

Thursday 22 May 2014

Coconut Cacao Nib Klondike Bar! (dairy-free, Paleo)

I'm saying this on screen....I probably shouldn't have made these bars...but I did! It's my son's graduation in 3 weeks and I borrowed a Roberto Cavalli dress from a friend that I don't want to just look good in...I want to look great! So, I decided to "dial it in" with my nutrition for the occasion. Sheeesh its hard!! My meals are not the problem, we enjoy eating healthy. The issue is the treats! I've got a hankering for the sweets. Anyway, I wanted to sub out the sugar for healthier options but these bars are just too dang good. It was really hard to have just one. Moderation is the key people, even when the recipe says CLEAN. Let me know what you think! 
*recipe revised from detoxinista




Vanilla Ice Cream Bar:
1 cup raw cashew pieces, soaked in water for 2 hours
1 cup water
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Extras:
2 tablespoon coconut mana
1/4 cup cacao nibs
Chocolate Coating:
5 tablespoons cocoa powder
5 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup

Directions:
 Discard water that cashews had been soaking in. In a blender, combine the first 6 ingredients and blend until smooth.

Line a brownie pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Add in your cacao nibs and coconut mana.

 Pour that ice-creamy batter into pan and freeze for 4 hours. Slice bars. 
In a separate bowl, combine coating ingredients. Take each frozen slice and dunk it into the coating. Place back on pan and back into freezer to solidify. Store in freezer.


Try to eat just one:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers