Move Daily

***Please visit my new website for the most recent blog posts for your health and wellness!***

Friday 30 May 2014

Cacao Mint Protein BOMB!

Mint and chocolate....YUM! These are super easy little protein power balls that are clean eating, but hit the spot when you're craving something sweet!


I saw this new flavour of BOUNCE bomb in the store and had to try and make my own! It was covered in raw cacao nibs...crunchy and delicious! 


I did a side by side taste comparison and it was pretty close, if I do say so myself! Give this recipe a try.

Recipe:
1 cup of dates (soaked in hot water for 1/2 hour -then discard water)
1/2 cup all natural nut butter (I used peanut)
dash of sea salt
2 tbsp hot water
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp peppermint extract
1 1/2 scoops vanilla or chocolate protein powder
1/4 cup raw cacao nibs for rolling

Directions:
In a food processor place dates, peanut butter, salt, water, cocoa powder,  and peppermint. Blend until smooth. Add the protein powder. At this point I mixed it in with my hands to ensure it was was well incorporated.  If protein won't mix in, add a tbsp of hot water. 

Next roll the mixture into small bite size balls and roll in cacao nibs.


This part was a little tricky as I found that the cacao nibs didn't adhere that well. I took the nibs in my hand instead and pressed them into the ball. That seemed to do the trick!





 Store these in the freezer and enjoy in moderation! Aka, one a day!




Follow me for more healthy recipe ideas and fitness tips!
www.insofit.com
Instagram: @tracysteenfitness
Facebook: Tracy Steen
Twitter: @TracySteen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers