Move Daily

***Please visit my new website for the most recent blog posts for your health and wellness!***

Wednesday 8 February 2012

1/2 Corked Marathon 2012!!


How excited are WE to have gotten into this 1/2 marathon race, that apparently sold out in 3 minutes!!?? Wow! Now, I should clarify the word "race"....I've been told that its not so much a race as it is simply running along a 17-19km route, while popping into 12 wineries, sampling exquisite food and wine. Hmmm, my kind of marathon! 

Themed costumes are encouraged, and just in case anyone goes overboard on the tasting, there is a broom wagon following behind for pick up! I will definitely be taking footage of our experience and featuring this as a fabulous fitness find in the Okanagan!

One of the main reasons that I am excited? I get to run and hang and sip wine with my friends! Having and finding friends that you can exercise with, can be one of the best motivators around. When we make fitness plans with our friends, we have a whole new accountability! When you've planned to roll out of bed at 5:00am to meet your friend at the gym or out for a run, part of the reason that you will go, even when your body is telling you to SLEEP, is that you don't want to let your friend down. She's there for you, you're there for her! I am lucky to have many fitness friends and family, and I am grateful for them all. 

If you don't have people like that in your life, don't hesitate to join a gym, a running club, a local exhibition team, or a dragon boat team and find people to connect with. Take the initiative and get out there. Kelowna is an active community and has so much to offer! Then, maybe next year you will also be running this 1/2 marathon down in Osoyoos and be half corked right along side me!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers