Move Daily

***Please visit my new website for the most recent blog posts for your health and wellness!***

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Mocha Almond Fudge!

To be honest, my favourite ice cream in the world is Mocha Almond Fudge. Yum. It has everything you need in an ice cream: coffee, chocolate, crunch. However, one little cone packs a punch of 300+ calories and little to no protein. So, I've conjured up a healthy version of my favourite! This is a great mid afternoon snack, or post workout drink.


Recipe:

Blend together the following:
1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
1 tsp cocoa powder
1 tsp almond butter
8 almonds 
1/2 cup unsweetened Almond Breeze, 1/2 cup water
4 ice cubes
1/4 tsp or to taste of instant coffee granules
(I also added in 1/2 a frozen banana, to get that ice cream texture I was looking for).

That's it! Blend it, pack it, drink it.

Uh-may-zing!

Follow me on
 twitter https://twitter.com/#!/TracySteen
facebook http://www.facebook.com/tracy.steen1
youtube fitgirl40
You can also subscribe to this blog post, enter your email at the top :)
Tracy Steen
Certified Personal Trainer
MA Counselling/Psychology



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers