Move Daily

***Please visit my new website for the most recent blog posts for your health and wellness!***

Friday 17 February 2012

Portable Protein!

Pro-D day for the kids today, but mom still had to work ;) I was home from training my 1st client at 6:30am, and since the kids didn't have to be up for school, I had a few quiet hours to myself! I thought I would bake! As it turns out, this recipe is a 'no-bake', so even easier! One of the most common complaints from my clients is that they don't get enough protein into their diets on a daily basis. Here is a convenient and easy way to have protein on the go!

Apple Oatmeal Chocolate Protein Bars
Recipe adapted from Oxygen Magazine July 2011

In a bowl combine:
2 cups of rolled oats
1/2 cup natural nut-butter
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tbsp ground flax seed (I used a mix of hemp and chia seeds instead)
4 scoops chocolate protein powder
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce


Press dough into a lined 8x8 square baking dish and refrigerate until firm. 


Remove and cut into 8 bars. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze to keep fresh! Now you have, "Portable Protein" that packs about 20 grams per bar!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers